Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

Passing time is such an interesting thing. It is so happy and then there are things that make you sad that time has passed! For example at the beginning of a new year I always think about how many years we have been married, because we got married in 2000, it is very easy to remember! What a happy realization... it will mark 9 years this year!
But then in 15 days it will be three years since my brother Dustin was killed in Iraq. That makes me sad. It has been 3 years since I have heard his voice, watched him laugh, or talked to him about how he was. It has been 3 years since he has blessed this earth with his fun personality and great smile. Time is a strange thing.

Another example... my KIDS! What a strange phenomenon. You push them to grow and learn new things, even beg them to walk and talk, then you look back and your sad that they aren't a baby anymore, that they have grown SO much! My beautiful girls have changed so much this year. I am so blessed by their different personalities and the differences between them. I am happy for time changing them into beautiful little girls, but then I panick at the fact that if these past 7 years with lexi have gone by so fast, what about the next 7 years. These are the times, where I want to yell out, "SLOW down time!".

Time, such a strange thing!

Ps 118:24 This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Mt 6:34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Then I read what God has to say about that and I am reminded, one day at a time, soaking in what God has for me RIGHT then, and I will not regret passing time!

Time... Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Good grief..LOTS of posts all at once..LOVE it :) So wonderful to hear of all the wonderful times you have had the last couple of weeks..your home is certainly busy, but so "homey". Everything looks wonderful, and I love the "time" thoughts :)LOVE YOU!

Autumn said...

It happens way too fast!!! Enjoy your babies(they are babies still,to me) while they are under your wing!!!
But then again- there are different joys once they grow up- hard to say which is better!
I just adore ALL my grown-up kids sooooo much!